Banana Cream Pie is one of the simplest cream pie recipes, but it’s also one of the most delicious. Crumbled graham cracker crust with fresh banana pieces, creamy filling, a mountain of whipped cream, and even more bananas.
The finest banana cream pie in the world, with a peanut butter cookie crust and homemade whipped cream topping. This simple banana cream pie recipe uses no commercial pudding and is great whether topped with chocolate curls, toasted coconut, or whatever else your heart desires.
Let’s jump right into the Banana Cream Pie Recipe.
Banana Cream Pie Recipe
This is the ideal banana cream pie recipe; it is creamy, velvety, and decadent while remaining incredibly light and ethereal. You’ll adore the creamy, crispy, light, and fluffy aspects that come together in each mouthful, which is infused with a natural banana taste.
Let’s know the whole Banana Cream Pie Recipe.
- Preparation – 15 Mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Additional Time: 1 hrs
- Total: 1 hrs 40 mins
- 4 bananas, sliced
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 baked pastry shell, cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in the milk gradually. Cook, stirring regularly until the mixture boils and thickens over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more, then remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and a little amount of the hot milk until smooth, then gradually whisk the egg yolk mixture into the saucepan.
- Cook for 2 minutes more, stirring regularly, over medium-low heat. Remove from the heat & mix in the butter and vanilla extract.
- Sliced bananas should fill the pastry shell; the pudding mixture should be poured on top to cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the filling is set. Prior to serving, chill the pie for one hour.
How to Store Leftover Banana Cream Pie:
Storing The Leftovers: Cover the banana cream pie loosely with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and put it in fridge for up to three days.
Freezing The Banana Cream Pie: Banana cream pie can be frozen. Allow the banana pie to cool before wrapping it in plastic wrap (dish and all). Wrap it in aluminum foil once more. Freeze for at least two months. Refrigerate to defrost.
Tips For Banana Cream Pie:
- You may replace the flour with 3 tablespoons of cornstarch. Use a homemade or store-bought pie crust.
- This banana cream pie can be made a day in advance and should be served chilled; it will still be wonderful!
- If you choose to cook the pie two to three days in advance, simply add the bananas and whipped cream before serving. Bananas will become dark and mushy after a few days, so it is better to add them just before serving.
- This pie also works nicely with a cookie crust, so experiment freely!
This was all about the Banana Cream Pie Recipe. This simple banana cream pie recipe calls for no pudding mix and is delicious when topped with chocolate curls, toasted coconut, or anything else your heart desires.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!