Cream of chicken soup appears in countless tried-and-true family recipes. It works like a charm in a wide variety of honey soups, stews, and casseroles. This soup is gorgeous, luscious, and incredibly velvety.
While this cream of the chicken dish is produced as a condensed cream of chicken soup, you can add additional chicken stock, milk, or even water to achieve the perfect soup consistency!
Let’s jump right into the recipe for Cream of Chicken Recipe.
Cream of Chicken Recipe
This recipe for Easy Cream of Chicken Soup is vital in a wide variety of casseroles and soups. It is a simple replacement for canned condensed soup. This speedy and straightforward dish may also be stored in the freezer.
Let’s know the whole Cream of Chicken Recipe.
- Preparation – 20 Mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Total: 60 mins
- 7 cups chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 2 3/4 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry sherry
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Butter should be melted in a large soup pot which is set over medium heat. Cover and cook on low heat for 12 minutes, stirring periodically, to soften the onion, celery, and carrot.
- For an additional 2 minutes, cook with the flour added while constantly stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Cook the broth until it reaches a boil, whisking frequently. Add the parsley, thyme, and bay leaf that have been tied together with kitchen twine. Turn down to a low simmer and leave for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Take it away from the oven or stove.
- Blend in the heavy cream, sherry, salt, and pepper to taste the soup. Take out the bundle of herbs and toss it. Distribute the bowls, garnish with minced parsley, and serve at once.
How to Store Leftover Cream of Chicken:
Storing: If sealed tightly in an airtight container, this soup can be stored in the fridge for seven days.
Freezing: Allow the soup to cool completely before placing it in a container that can be frozen for up to four months. Remove from the freezer and defrost overnight in the refrigerator. Then, wait to room temperature before using, or thaw in the microwave at 50% for 20-second intervals while stirring.
Tips For Cream of Chicken:
- To make it as smooth as a can of condensed soup, strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
- This dish is a direct replacement for canned Cream of Chicken Soup.
- The texture can soon become lumpy, so maintain the heat as low as possible while whisking continually for a smoother consistency.
- This is comparable to store-bought condensed canned soup but obviously handmade and far superior! It’s ideal as a base for casseroles rather than eaten on its own.
This was all about the cream of chicken recipe. The creamy chicken breasts can be served as an appetizer or even as a main course. This soup is stunning, delicious, and velvety. It works wonderfully in a wide range of honey soups, stews, and casseroles.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!