They have grown in popularity during the last few years. Brussels sprouts are high in fiber & also low in calories, and they help you satisfy your daily vitamin and mineral requirements. They’re light and healthy while still being flavorful, and they pair well with many kind of spices.
Therefore, here is one of the best Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe. As a result of the balsamic vinegar and honey, as well as the method of preparation, the brussels sprouts will have a flavor that is tart, sweet, crisp, and soft.
So, let’s move right into the Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe with Balsamic and Honey.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
This recipe is certain to convert Brussels sprouts skeptics. These Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe will reach the perfect golden caramelization, will be soft and crisp, and will be served with a remarkable honey balsamic sauce.
Let’s proceed directly to the recipe.
- Preparation – 10 Mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Total: 30 mins
- 2.5 lbs Brussels Sprouts
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Green Onions & lemon zest for garnish
- Make sure the oven is preheated to 425°F & then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts & then you should cut them in half lengthwise. Remove any fragile leaves from the plant as needed. Mix in a large mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, coat Brussels sprouts evenly and gently with olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
- Place Brussels sprouts, with the cut side down, on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for near about 20 minutes. They should be delicate and of a golden brown hue. Ensure that you do not rotate the Brussels during roasting.
- Concurrently, prepare the honey balsamic sauce. Honey should form bubbles after being heated for 1 to 2 minutes in a pot over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat & then whisk in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, and chili flakes.
- Return the pan to medium-low heat, now add the butter, and cook until the sauce thickens. Another 5 minutes or so.
- Toss the roasted Brussels sprouts with the glaze and serve on the side.
- Sprinkle some green onions and lemon zest on top of your roasted Brussels sprouts. Enjoy!
How to Store Leftover Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
The leftovers can be kept in fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You may thoroughly reheat it in the microwave for less than two minutes, on the stovetop, or in an air fryer set to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
It is not recommended to freeze Brussels sprouts since they become soggy when defrosted.
Tips For Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
- Before cooking, Brussels sprouts should be peeled to remove any loose leaves, trimmed to remove any surplus at the bottom, and halved.
- If it’s a large one, simply cut it into four parts. Even after being pruned, their dense foliage will help them keep their shape.
- Place a baking sheet in the freezer while you cut the Brussels sprouts to size.
- Because of the increased heat, the Brussels sprouts will become especially crunchy and crispy.
- You shouldn’t put too much onto a single baking sheet. Because the recipe calls for 2.5 pounds of Brussels sprouts, using two baking sheets is fine.
- When a pan is overcrowded, the Brussels sprouts will not crisp up to perfection.
- Turning them over while they are roasting would be a waste of time. That’s how you get that toasted golden color.
- If preferred, replace the balsamic vinegar with sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar.
- Removing Bitterness: To lessen the bitterness, the oven must be warmed. Cooking at a high temperature and a fast rate is preferable, and a well-prepared oven will speed up the process.
What to Serve With Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe?
These Balsamic & Honey Touched Roasted Brussels Sprouts go great with chicken, pork chops, salmon, or grilled steak. This was all about Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!