Without a sweet potato casserole, a typical holiday meal would be incomplete. Everyone will fall in love with a sweet potato casserole, which is the perfect balance between sweet & savory flavors.
The Sweet Potato Casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side dish bursting with autumnal aromas. It is buttery, rich, and creamy, prepared with brown sugar and cinnamon, and topped with gooey marshmallows.
This Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes is the last one you’ll ever need to make, as it has the perfect amount of flavor and is finished off with a crunchy pecan topping. Let’s jump right into the Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes.
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
Cooked, peeled, diced sweet potatoes are combined with brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla before being topped with candied pecans and toasted marshmallows. The ideal holiday side dish that you’ll want to eat throughout the year.
Let’s know the whole recipe so that you can take a taste too!
- Preparation – 20 Mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Total: 45 mins
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into cubes
- ⅓ cup softened butter
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup pecans chopped, divided
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Boil the sweet potatoes in a kettle of water. Simmer for around 15 minutes or until the potatoes become fork-tender. Drain.
- In a large dish (or the saucepan in which the potatoes were cooked), mash the cooked sweet potatoes with brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Fold in half of the pecans, then spread into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining marshmallows and pecans.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the marshmallows become golden brown & the potatoes are well roasted.
How to Store LeftoverSweet Potato Casserole:
This casserole can be made in advance & stored in the fridge or freezer, making it a convenient option for people who need a special-occasion side dish in advance.
Storing: In a casserole dish, spread the prepared sweet potato mixture. You may keep it refrigerated for up to five days if you wrap it well. Create streusel topping and keep it in a sealed bag in the fridge.
Freezing: Prepare the combination of sweet potato filling and distribute it in the casserole dish. It will be heated due to the sweet potato’s heat. Therefore, it must be cooled fully. Then, carefully wrap and store for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Just, take it out of the freezer one night before you plan on baking it. Prepare the casserole as directed, adding the topping ingredients on top as desired. Do as the recipe says and then serve.
Tips For Sweet Potato Casserole:
- This sweet potato casserole recipe can be prepared up to 48 hours in advance.
- Prepare and chill it without toppings before baking.
- Remove it from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes prior to baking, bake it for 20 minutes, and then stir it.
- Add the topping and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated and the marshmallows are golden brown.
- When the topping has been browned and the center of the dish is set, the casserole is ready.
What to Serve With Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes?
This recipe is on the sweeter side and can be a great side dish or a dessert. It’s one of our favorite Thanksgiving dishes, along with turkey and gravy, vegetables, cranberry sauce, or homemade stuffing.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!